redirect This page has moved. You will be automatically redirected to its new location in 10 seconds. If you aren't forwarded to the new page, click here.

Happy Fathers Day...

I know I'm a little late, but better late than never, right. I wrote this poem for my Grandfather, who was a mail carrier from the time he left the military, until he retired. It is a work in progress. I have to get in a certain mind set, in order to write poetry, and it didn't hit me until this afternoon, while walking around the block, like I do everyday. Anyway, let me know what you think. I write my own birthday and special occasion cards, simply because I believe that it conveys more feeling to the person you are giving it to. To just go and buy a card is lazy. Write down how you feel, for he or she will appreciate that far more than a mass produced card.

What can be said about a father?

A father so dear to his daughters,

which he holds near.


Carrying heavy bills,

up rolling hills

An unfading will,

that will never stand still


Carrying heavy mail bags through rain, sleet, and snow,

mail bags that seem to grow,

as the wind begins to blow.


Every item of mail,

carries another tale.

A tale that will prevail,

as long as he can deliver the mail.


A man of true bravery,

bravery to walk every road.


Roads baked by the suns beams,

that carried a dream.

A dream for his daughters,

that they had not yet seen.


By Jefferson Davis

Postman